Wednesday, January 19, 2011

American Idol 10- "I didn't even miss Simon"

This is going to be a short post because I don't really review the show before the final 12. But given the new cast  I wanted to share my thoughts. More after the jump...
It's season 10 of American Idol and I'm happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised with our new panel of judges. When they announced that J-Lo and Steven Tyler would be the replacements for Simon, Ellen and Kara I was not impressed. I just didn't get it. I am not a fan of Jennifer Lopez and I didn't really have an opinion about Steven Tyler one way or another. But I am happy to report that they fit in really well.

I'm a huge fan of Simon Cowell and I thought for sure I would miss his acerbic demeanor and critique but I didn't think about him at all- not once. It was refreshing almost to have the two newbies because they're not yet jaded and equally as excited as the contestants to be part of American Idol. I think Simon really hated being on the show last season. He was like that co-worker that has been with the company for a gazillion years and brings down the rest of the department with his negativity. You all know who I'm talking about- lol. At least he admitted that he was over it and left the show before things got really ugly. 

Tonight's auditions were held in NJ and it was the usual mix of cray-cray and some real talent. Jennifer didn't offer any silly or annoying advice to anybody. She was down to earth and kept whatever diva that she may possess in check. She had a hard time being mean and saying no but I'm sure Randy and Steven will help her with that.  Steven Tyler was funny, entertaining and enthusiastic. He adds a nice bit of comic relief without being too over the top. Randy was his usual self. These three definently have good working chemistry and energy.

But it is only the first show and I'm sure that someone is bound to annoy me before it's all over. We'll just have to wait and see..

Do you like the new judges?

No comments:

Post a Comment