Tuesday, May 4, 2010

American Idol- "Final 5 sing the tunes of Sinatra and Harry Connick Jr mentors"

Why American Idol continues to do shows like tonight's songs of Sinatra is beyond me. I realize that Harry Connick Jr. is like a modern day Sinatra but if an artist doesn't sing the genre of songs that the winner will likely record then they can't be on the show. This is Harry Connick Jr.'s time to showcase himself- period.  Nobody is going to record an album that sounds like Sinatra. My prediction for tonight's show is going to be a big fail!

Aaron is up first and sings "Fly me to the Moon". It was actually pretty good. I'm gonna go easy on everybody tonight given the material. Randy liked it. Ellen said the vocals were beautiful. Kara said it wasn't as strong as last week. Kara- shut up! Nobody is Frank Sinatra so give the guy a break- she's annoying. Simon said it didn't have conviction. Simon you shut up too!

Casey sings "Blue Skies".  His voice is beautiful but no swagger but again I don't expect anybody to get up there and act like Frank Sinatra. Randy said it was his worst performance. Ellen didn't like it. Kara talked about - who knows. Simon said he wasn't fantastic and it was awkward. Well no duh! I'm so annoyed by this night- uggghhhh.

Crystal sings "Summer Wind".  Crystal can do no wrong. Beautiful! Randy said it was sleepy- whatever. Ellen was impressed. Kara liked it. Simon was sure about the song choice. I thought it was good.
The judges are expecting too much tonight.

Mike sings "The way you look tonight". Last week I think Randy said Mike sounded like the great Luther Vandross and tonight I really heard that in his voice. Beautiful. Randy loved it! Ellen really liked it. Kara said she was taken on a journey? She liked it. Simon loved it and said he put himself back in the game- well done! Mike may end up winning this whole thing! Mike just remember to control the cocky and America will stand by you.

Lee sings "That's life". I liked it. Randy loved it. Ellen loved it. Kara liked it. Simon said it was the best performance of the night.


(Final five- minus Siobhan)

See ya tomorrow for the results show...
And say goodbye to Casey- I think he's sung his last song :(

No comments:

Post a Comment