Tuesday, April 20, 2010

American Idol- Final 7 take a little inspiration from Alicia Keys

Tonight our Idol 7 gets mentored by Alicia Keys and will sing songs of inspiration. I really hope that I don't hear "I believe I can fly". The competition is coming down to the wire and only the strong will survive. I have no idea what songs will be sung tonight but I do know that song choice will be especially important. Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Casey sings "Don't Stop" by Fleetwood Mac. It was the usual Casey performance. He's so stiff it's funny. I think he's singing an octave too high for his range maybe? Randy felt like it was the same thing. Ellen said it was good but not great. Kara (get to the point) said he wasn't different. Simon said the song wasn't inspiring and there was no emotion or originality.
Uh-oh Casey.

Lee sings "The Boxer" by Simon and Garfunkle. I love Lee but I hated this performance and the song. Randy liked it. Ellen said it was a beautiful song choice- best performance. Kara said he had his moment tonight. Simon said that even though we're two in it was the best of the night. He's not a fan of the song but said it was Brilliant. Kudos Lee.
I guess I just don't know the song.

Tim sings "Better Days" by Goo-Goo Dolls. I can't stand smiling Tim and I didn't like it. Randy said it was okay Karoke. Ellen didn't like the soup. Kara- blah, blah- it wasn't his best performance. Simon said if it was the first time that we saw him it may have been believable but it was a let down.

Aaron freaking sings "I believe I can fly" by R. Kelly. This is what I was afraid of and I can't believe that someone actually sang this song. It was really bad and I think Aaron is going to be in trouble this week. Randy said he did  a good job with a giant song. Ellen liked it. Kara loved it? Simon said it wasn't good.

Siobhan sings "Believe". She looks like she belongs in a garden. I liked it. Randy said it was okay. Ellen liked it. Kara said it was very dramatic and she doesn't know who she is. Simon said that the song arrangement was wrong and odd.

Tonight is not a good night.

Mike sings "Hero". Why does he perse his lips like that? It was okay. Randy said it worked out. Ellen said great job. Kara didn't like it. Simon said he sang it well but it wasn't inspirational.

Crystal sings "People get ready". This girl gives me chills. Randy gave her a standing O. Ellen said it was so beautiful. Kara liked it. And I'm gonna assume that Simon liked it but my DVR cut-off at the end.
Perfection.

Go Crystal!

So my pick for the bottom three- Siobhan, Casey and Tim/Aaron.

Find out who's going home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment