Tuesday, April 27, 2010

American Idol Top 6- "Sing songs of Shania"

It's coming down to the wire and the top 6 will not only be mentored by Shania Twain but they will also sing her songs. Let's go...

Lee sings "Looks like we made it". It starts off kinda shaky. Not my favorite Lee performance. Randy said it was pretty good and that he started out pitchy. Ellen liked that he made it his own. Kara liked it. Simon said that was the perfect song for him.

Mike sings "It only hurts when I'm breathing". It was beautiful and I haven't been a fan of his. Shania actually tears up. Randy liked it. Ellen thought it was beautiful. Kara thought it was great. Simon said the performance was wet and girlie. What Simon?

Casey sings "Don't". I think it was good. Casey has a really nice voice and the song showcased his vocal skills. Randy loved it. Ellen said it was his best performance. Kara liked it. Simon said it was his best performance.

Crystal sings "No one needs to know". I didn't love that song but I love Crystal. Randy agreed with me. Ellen said it wasn't her favorite performance. Kara said it wasn't her best performance but she's still great. Simon didn't like it. It's okay. Crystal is due for a bad night.

Aaron sings "You gotta way".  His hand looks mangled holding the microphone- weird. I'm not a fan of Aaron's and I didn't like the performance. Boring. Randy liked it. Ellen liked it. Kara said that the emotion was good. Simon  said he was really good and believable. Aaron is teary eyed because he sang the song to his mother- awwww.

Siobhan sings "Any man of mine".  I don't know how I feel about Siobhan. I wasn't crazy about the performance but I don't like real down home country music. At the end of the song she screams- yet again. I think tonight will be her last performance. Randy liked it. Ellen liked it. Kara liked it. Simon liked the song but hated the screaming- he compared to giving birth.


See ya tomorrow for the results show. It's anybody's game now...

1 comment: