Tuesday, April 6, 2010

American Idol- Top 9 "Sing a song of Paul and John"


Last we met Didi Benami sang her swan song and exited the building. We're down to 9 and tonight we'll hear the Idol Finalists singing tunes from Paul McCartney and John Lennon. This should be very interesting. Lets go!...
















Yoda aka Aaron starts the night with "The long and winding road". Aaron is known as Yoda to the group which is a very appropriate nickname for such a mature 16 year old. Which brings us to the very old and mature song that he sang. I'm not sure if this was such a good choice and his voice seemed really hoarse. It was okay.
Randy thought the song was sleepy and that he needed to change the arrangement a bit. Ellen said it was a big song and it felt like the long and winding song. Kara- blah, blah, blah and then she said he needs to change the tempo of his songs. Simon thought it was very old-fashioned and boring and he needs to be young and relevant. I agree.

Katie sings "Let it Be". She looks really cute and young so I'm not sure about the song choice. Surprisingly this song really showcased her beautiful voice and she can really sing. She had some really sweet moments during the song. I liked it. Randy thought it was her best performance ever- I agree. Ellen thought it was amazing. Kara- blah, blah, blah- said she was proud of her. Simon said she got it right tonight because she sang it with a country twang- well done.
Katie should not be in the bottom three this week.

Andrew sings "Can't Buy me Love" hmmm- don't know. Andrew really needs to make this work tonight. It's not my favorite song but I like Andrew. Overall I'm not sure if this works. Randy said it was a solid performance but kinda corny. Ellen starts by saying you can buy love- haaa- she loved it. Kara whined that she didn't love it. Simon said it sounded corny, old-fashioned and irrelevant. I don't disagree. Andrew you may be in trouble this week.

Mike sings "Eleanor Rigby". It's a song that he and his family used to sing when they performed. Mike has grown on me. It took too long for him to connect with the song. It was over before it started. Randy liked it and loves seeing him blossom. Ellen said there are so many different sides to him and thought it was incredible. Kara thought it was fire and amazing- she goes on and on and on. Simon didn't love it and thought it sounded like a musical number- I agree.

Crystal sings "Come Together". I think it's a good song choice for her. The chick can just sing her butt off period! She's a pro and even if she doesn't win the competition she will most definintely snag a record contract. Randy liked it. Ellen says she has to come up with a new way to tell her how great she is. Kara finally had something nice to say to Crystal- I think she wants to be her. It was one of her favorites. Simon said that that performance is something that he can hear on the radio and the fact that a guy played the "Diggerido" is just an example of why Crystal is so great.

Tim sings- ugghhhh when will this smiling fool go home- "All my lovin". It starts off horrible and cheesy just like every week. This guy is just so bad and cliche to me. It was another bad karoke performance and it seemed like it went on FOREVER! America please send him home. Randy said he's in his own "Tim category"- whatever. Ellen thought it was a good performance- whatever. Kara please cut to the chase and give your comments without all the lead up- I guess she liked it. Simon thought he did really well with that song. Oh well, my hopes are dashed again and smiling Tim will be back next week- if the judges comments mean anything.

Casey sings "Jealous Guy". He's such a cutie and his coif was perfect tonight. It was a slow performance but the song had a lot of feeling. Every song can't be upbeat. It was good. Randy loved it. Ellen said it was his best performance and so soulful and he has pretty hair. Kara said he showed a vulnerability- she's stuttering all over the place because she likes him-lol. Simon said it was the best performance of the night so far. He was very impressed with Casey. Go Casey!

Siobhan sings "Across the Universe". I don't like the tightly curled hair and crazy outfit- even though that's Siobhan's usual. What a boring old song. I don't like it even though she has a beautiful voice. Randy liked the outfit and said it was sleepy and he loved seeing her tender side. Ellen likes her and said she's special and talented. She thought it was beautiful. Kara said that it was good from a singing perspective but it was polite- she has to process it- what Kara? Simon said it was much stronger than last week.
They went it really hard on her last week so I think they cut her some slack.

Lee ends the show with "Hey Jude". I'm a huge fan of Lee's. Not my favorite performance of Lee's but maybe I'm not a huge Paul and John fan?  Randy said it was hot. Ellen loved it. Kara said it was hot. Simon didn't like the bag-piper- but who cares.

So that's it my friends. My pick for bottom three are Aaron, Andrew and finally Tim - just because.

Who's going home? We'll find out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment