Wednesday, March 10, 2010

American Idol- and then there were 8- guys night

The boys are back and everybody has a guitar and let's see who ends up in the final 12!

Lee Dewyze starts the show with "Fireflys". I like this guy- he's like a little John Mayer a little indie. Randy thought the song choice but he made it work. Ellen liked that he made it rock despite the pitch problems. Kara said he looked confident and that he made the song a better song. Simon said he didn't have a moment with the song but said that he was better than the version of the song he performed.

Alex Lambert sings "Trouble" and I love it! I love this guy and his voice is so unique and pure and he's adorable. Randy wasn't wowed with it. Ellen loved it and said he's getting better. Kara- ugghhhh- shut up! She says he needs to let go- I agree. Simon says he needs to relax and imagine Randy in a bikini and let himself go but he likes him. Go Alex!

Tim Urban sings "Hallelujah". He reminded me of The Who. He's not my favorite but it was a good solid performance- kinda weird? Randy said he did a pretty good job. Ellen gets up a hugs him. Kara liked it and said it was an honest interpretation. Simon feels responsible for his performance and giving him confidence. He said the song choice was terrific and his strongest performance.

Andrew Garcia sings Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle". It was an interesting rendition and I like this guy. I think it was a brave performance. Randy didn't like it- I don't agree. Ellen liked it. Kara felt like she couldn't hear anything till the end and that it wasn't great. Simon said it was desperate but that he's going backwards. I'm a fan.

Casey James and actually sounds really good. The boys are super strong tonight. Randy thought it was safe. Ellen liked the performance. Kara likes it and him. Simon said it was better than last week and that it was a sincere performance but forgettable.

Aaron Kelly sings Longstars "I'm already there". He looks like Peter Pan. It's pitchy and kinda corny but he's not a favorite for me. Randy thought it was good. Ellen thought it was too much song. Kara said the song was too old. Simon thought it was the right type of song and was a great vocal. Simon shut Kara down- good! Who takes the words to a song so literally?!

Toddrick Hall sings Queen. I don't know about the performance. Randy liked it. Ellen liked it. Kara liked it and Simon said that that performance may have saved him.

Michael Lynche sings Maxwell's - This woman's work- He's not my favorite but it was a pretty good performance because that's a hard song. Randy loved it and said it was hot. Ellen thought it was beautiful and that he's the one to beat. Kara crys - get yourself together beyotche! Simon said it was the best performance of the entire season. Ok.

I say by Toddrick and unfortunately Andrew. What do you think? Who's going to be in the top 12?

No comments:

Post a Comment