Tuesday, March 23, 2010

American Idol- "The number 1's"

Miley Cyrus  mentors the idol hopefuls this week. Yes- that's right a 17 year old mentors people- most of whom are older than her- but Miley has an old soul? Right? Ok - let's go.

Lee sings "The Letter". I love Lee's voice. The arrangement was a little weird to me at first but his voice is amazing so I thought it was great. Randy said he knocked it out of the box. Ellen said her "favorite pen" was back- fantastic. Kara- with her ever present drama- said he has grown tremendously. Simon didn't like the song pick and said that of all the number 1 songs why did he pick that one. Simon just expects more.

Paige sings "Against All Odds" by Phil Collins- the Mariah Carey version. Never heard that version. Not sure about song pick and she sounds awful- I don't know if she's still sick but the whispering is just not getting it. She's all over the place and there are audio issues with the mic - come on Idol production staff! Not good at all. She may get a do-over because of the mic issue. Randy said it was terrible- he's right. Ellen had no music critique - that's bad. Kara said her vocal was the worst of the season. Simon said it was all over the place and that she's going to be in serious trouble tonight. I agree. I can't imagine anyone doing worse than her so goodbye Paige.

Tim sings "Crazy Little thing called love"- why this song? There are a gazillion number 1 songs so why this cheesy song? I hated that performance - he's cheesy, the song was cheezy- ugghhhhh! Randy said it was like bad Karoke. Ellen said it was corny and she didn't get it. Kara said it was very Zac Efronish. Simon said it was pointless and silly. Simon said he has zero chance in winning.
I agree. Go home now Tim!

Aaron sings "I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith. Awww- little Peter Pan was cute with his crush on Miley.  He's sick also but despite that he sounds okay. Again- the song is so Karoke cheesy but whatever. Randy liked it and says he's a fan. Ellen felt like that was a good song choice. Kara said it was the best song choice of the night- I don't really agree- but Kara shut up! Simon said it was brave but he's making himself old-fashion. I always agree with Simon.

Crystal sings "Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin song. This girl is just a natural and it was an awesome performance. I look forward to her performances- amazing! Randy loved it and is so happy. Ellen loved it but wants to see a connection. Kara - shut up! Simon said he wouldn't change anything- thanks Simon.
Amazing!

Mike sings "When a Man loves a Woman". I just can't stand this guy. I think he's cagey and phony but maybe it's me. Anyway- he has a great voice but something about him is just corny. He's good enough to win and unfortunately because Crystal doesn't jump around and brown-nose he may beat her. Randy loved it. Ellen thought the song was a safe choice. Kara felt it was boring- I agree. Simon agrees with Kara and I agree with Simon. Whatever.

Andrew sings "I heard it through the Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye. Why this song Andrew?? Why? Horrible just like I thought. It doesn't showcase his great voice at all. He needs to go home too. He had so much potential and I don't know what happened. Bad, bad karoke! Randy says it wasn't good. Ellen agreed with Randy- bad song choice. Kara feels like he's confused. Simon said he sucked the soul out of that song and he was corny. I agree.
Goodbye Andrew.

Katie sings "Big Girls don't Cry" by Fergie. I love that song but I think it was too big for her. She was pitchy in a few places but at least she picked a song that's presently popular. It was okay. Randy liked the song pick. Ellen felt like it was her best performance- don't know about that Ellen. Kara liked the song pick and said she has "mad pitch issues"? Simon said meeting Miley helped her performance but that he doesn't know if she's believeable.

Casey sings "Power of Love". I liked it. Randy liked it. Ellen didn't like the song choice but said he was the best vocal of the night. Kara loved it- wrong. Simon didn't know what Kara was talking about- I agree. It wasn't orginal. I agree.

Didi sang "You're no good". Hmmm. She was making weird faces and I didn't really like it. Kind of cheesy lounge singer. Randy said it was pitchy. Ellen didn't like the song choice. Kara didn't like it and neither did Simon. I agree- horrible. She talks back at the end of the judges comments- shut up!

Siobhan sings "Superstitious". It was very Karoke. I didn't like it at all and that screaming is annoying. Randy thought it was great- huh? Ellen- liked it- huh? Kara liked the end note- ?- Simon didn't like the screaming either and said that it wasn't good- I agree again with Simon.

Overall the night sucked and everybody except Krystal needs to go home.

Who agrees with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment