Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol- And then there were eight- girls night

Katie Stevens- For some reason she reminds me of Margene on "Big Love". She sings Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway". It was a little pitchy and still old. Randy didn't like it and said it was too big. Ellen said it was good that she took their advice about the song choice but it she was okay. Kara said the singing wasn't outstanding. Simon says that she hasn't decided what type of artist she wants to be yet.

Siohban Magnus- Sings House of the Rising Sun by the Animals and dedicates it to her dad. It's a song from the 60's. She has a great voice and I think this song totally showcased that but I felt like I was watching a scene from the play "Hair"- I don't know. Randy really liked her. Ellen was moved by her performance and said she was spectacular. Kara thought it was brilliant and she liked it. Simon thought it was weird and was under impressed and bored and that there was no moment. Simon she is weird- hello.

Lacey Brown-She sang a Brandy Carlyle song. I'm not sure who she's trying to sound like but her voice is almost annoying. Randy thought it was cool. Ellen said the song choice and her performance was good. Kara really liked it also and said she was back on her path. Simon didn't like the song but said she sang it very well and she knows the stage and camera's well. Lacey is back in the game.

Katelyn Epperly- Sings I feel the earth move by Carol King. I didn't like it all and I like that song. It was weird and awful. Randy didn't like it and felt like it was put on- I agree. Ellen said the song choice was wrong and it wasn't enough. Kara felt like she was going through the motions ( Kara is by the way so annoying). Simon starts with a positive and says he likes her hair and that it was very Karoke- I agree. I'm not loving this girl so I kinda hope she goes home.

Didi Benami- The guitar is back and she tackles a Fleetwood Mac song. She's another one that's trying to sound like Duffy and Adele to me. It was good but it's hard to tell if that's her real voice. Randy said it was better than last week but there was no wow moment. Ellen said she liked it. Kara said it was one of her favorite moments of the season ( I think that's a bit overboard). Simon agreed with Kara and said it was the best performance of the night so far and that the Wow moment was the entire performance. She's please with herself and will be back next week.

Paige Miles sings a song that I really hate thanks to Jermaine Jackson "Smile" by Charlie Chaplin. I hate this song and can't get past that and it was awful. Almost like she was holding back tears during the performance- horrible!!!! Randy loves that song and said it didn't work at all- agree! Ellen thought it was sad and heavy- wrong song choice again. Kara said it was all wrong. Simon said the song choice was horrible and the arrangement was awful. And she was about to cry during the performance because she was thinking about Michael Jackson and she loves the song. Say goodbye to Paige and her blue contacts- Bye!

Crystal Bowersox- sings Tracy Chapman's Give me one reason to Stay. I love this girl and she can freakin sing and really makes the rest of the group look like amateurs. Go Crystal! Randy loved everything about the performance. Ellen said she needs new adjectives to describe her and that it was the best performance of the night. Kara liked it. Simon guarantees that she's definently gonna be in the top 12 and that it's hers to loose. I agree and she's almost too good for this competition- period.

Lilly Scott ends the night with a country song-Patsy Klein's- I Fall to Pieces. Started out shaky but I actually liked her rendition. She made it her own. Randy liked it. Ellen loved it and her. Kara liked it. Simon said it didn't have a wow factor.

My picks to exit the building are Katie, Paige or Katelyn. Who do think sang their swan song?

No comments:

Post a Comment